How do you earn credits?
Pretty easy actually, you just need to use the site or help spread the word to fellow Cruisers!
- Becoming a member will earn you 10 credits! 5 more for adding a profile image.
- Up to 15 credits for a NMEA upload recorded from the VDR plugin in OpenCPN!
- Each Marker, Route or Zone you share earns you 10 credits!
- If you edit a Marker, Route or Zone, you earn 5 credits.
- Submit a Travel Report and earn a credit.
- Make a Review on a Marker, Route or Zone and earn 2 credits.
- Print out a VentureFarther Information Page, post it on a message board, snap a photo and mail it to me and get 25 credits.
- Help spread the word (blogging, social media or similar), just let me know by emailing a link, depending on what you have done either a bunch of credits of a FREE subscription!
How many credits are things?
Only a few of features require credits.
- A Satellite Chart download is 1 credit.
- A GPX download is 5 credits.
- A "Cruiser's Guide" eBook download is 10 credits.
Can't I just buy credits?
Some Cruisers (or commercial users) don't have time to share information here. So I made an option to buy a "subscription". Pretty straight forward, $20 will allow unlimited use of VentureFarther for 1 year (plus, you still earn credits).
VentureFarther used to be "Free", why the change?
Well, as you are probably already aware, nothing is ever really Free. I have been developing/funding this site since 2013. Although I have worked very hard at keeping the costs to a minimum the donations have not kept up with the monthly cost of running a site like this. If you are willing to put in a bit of time sharing cruising information then it still can be free and you help the cruising community at the same time!